In 0.0.5 there was a lot of small fixes which improves debugging and testing. Now I’ll focus on client site and prepare npm module for NextRTC. All changes introduced in 0.0.5 are here: Added new signal END which is send when broadcaster will exit from broadcast conversation Prepared ActorTests where Actor play role of js …
In last two weeks I’ve been struggling with my VPS. So examples were almost all time down :(. Now I’m finally resolve all issues, so page and examples will be stable. I’ve changed first example url (from examples.nextrtc.org/videochat to examples.nextrtc.org) so If you have old URL you might face with connection refused or bad gateway exception.
Second example with more sophisticated example of use NextRTC library has been deployed. Try it out and leave the comment!
Hello! Now you can check new features from version 0.0.4 (BROADCAST and MESH). I’ve also add some enhancements in example (there is a log with actions – so you won’t be disturbed by popups)
I think that is a good time to move nextRTC.js file to separated project and publish it under npm. I’ll also create a simple project (with dependency in npm) with example of use. In next half of year I’ll focus on examples, and fixing bugs Any questions or concerns? Leave a comment! :)
I’d like to inform that new release number 0.0.4 is in central maven repository. Main changes are listed below:
- New signal 'newJoined' added to separate two case when someone has joined to conversation and to inform rest of people from conversation about new joiner
- Added js leave method which close websocket connection and stop streaming
- Added default behavior to TEXT message, when message TEXT is sent without recipient, then message will be broadcasted to all conversation members
- Connection context has new feature, ICE candidates can be filter out when they didn't came from broadcaster (master in connection)
- Added broadcast conversation type
- Added policy to handle certain signals
- Expanded API of event new method content has been added (text messages can be stored in java app)
- Added new signal type TEXT (to transfer text messages between communication members)
- Delomboked project - too many questions were connected with building project
In this release: – Added default behavior to TEXT message, when message TEXT is sent without recipient, then message will be broadcasted to all conversation members – Connection context has new feature, ICE candidates can be filter out when they didn’t came from broadcaster (master in connection) – Added broadcast conversation type – Now you’ll …
I’m glad to inform you that examples back to work!
I’m glad to inform that first stable version was released to maven central. In next few weeks I’ll provide full documentation (here and at github wiki page). Examples don’t work because I have to provide certificate (It’s new web browsers requirement ). WebRTC cannot work with pages using http, and ws instead of https and wss …
In last two months there was many changes in WebRTC JS API. Meanwhile NextRTC example didn’t work. In last week I introduced new version of library. Library is still in development – there are missing data in events for example. In next few weeks I’ll try to finish small application which use nextrtc server and will …